Some tips for improving your finances are:
- using your bank's automatic payment service to pay your bills ( this way there are no overdue bills with late fees)
- if you can afford it find a financial planner to help you with budgeting and saving
- make a weekly appointment with yourself to balance your checkbook
- minimize the number of credit cards you own
- when you go shopping don't carry those credit cards this way you only buy what you have money for
- make a budget and stick with it
Yes, some of these tips may be difficult for you so invite a friend to keep you accountable. If you are not comfortable with this hire an ADHD coach.
Next I have some apps you can use to help you with your finances. These are:
- https://money.strands.com/ This app helps you set up a budget, control your spending, track your bills, debt management. Basic features are free
- https://www.mint.com/ This another service/app that has the same features and it is free
- https://www.budgetpulse.com/ Another service/app with the same features and free!
With all these great resources available you should be able to start the 2013 tax year on a stable financial foot!
If you are looking for an ADHD coach, contact me at email@example.com or 614 216 2283